Page no: P49
Page no: Plug49
WordPress plugin directory: Amazon Link
We use it for showing amazon products in our site.
See more for
This plugin is used to quickly add Amazon products links to your WordPress posts and pages. The product links can be simple text links, thumbnail images, full-size images, complex templates or full-blown Amazon flash widgets.
The content of the product links can be statically entered by the Author (when the link is created), or dynamically refreshed when displayed using data from the Amazon site that is most appropriate for the nationality of the reader.
The product links to be displayed can be specified when the link is created, using the built in Amazon search widget, or dynamically generated by searching the content of the site.
All product links will contain the Amazon affiliate ID of the site author and will be the relevant one for that locale. This allows you to collect commission on any products purchased through the links.
- Search Tool to assist authors to create links in posts and pages
[amazon]shortcode used to generate product links
- Localisation of all links based on the nationality of the reader
- Amazon Product Details Cache to ensure pages load quickly
- Optional multinational popup to allow the reader to choose which Amazon site to visit
- Global options to update the behaviour of all the links on your site
- Ability to locally override the global options using the shortcode content
- Affiliate Tracking IDs for each WordPress user or by user specified ‘Channels’.
- Flexible template facility to enable the author to quickly create complex content quickly and consistently
- Includes built in templates for the major Amazon widgets (Carousel, My Favourites, etc.).
- Facility to extend and modify the functionality of the plugin using WordPress filters
To quickly add a simple text link add the following lines into an entry (page, post or text widget):
[amazon asin=<ASIN Number>&text=<link text>]
Where ASIN Number is the unique amazon number used to identify products e.g. “1405235675”. The Link Text is simply what you want to be shown for the link, e.g. “Mr. Good”.
To utilise one of the templates simply specify the template option with the name of the template to use. For example:
[amazon asin=<ASIN Number>&title=<link text>&thumb=<image url>&template=thumbnail].
To take full advantage of the plugin features it is recommended that you have an Amazon Web Services account, and enter the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key in the Amazon Link Settings page. Once your AWS account settings are entered the plugin can be configured to dynamically fill in the templates with live information from the appropriate Amazon site. Alternatively you can use the Amazon Search tool on the Page/Post edit screen to find Amazon products and let the plugin pre-fill the Amazon Link shortcode with all the details needed to create the appropriate template.
To generate a list of products relevant to the content of your site use the ‘cat’ option, to specify where the plugin should search for Amazon product links. This option can be either ‘local’ to search the current page content or a list of category ids to search specific sections of your site. For example I use this feature to provide friends and family some ideas for presents. This feature also needs access to the Amazon Web Service API and uses the ‘CartSimilarities’ feature to generate the list of items.
This is created by either putting the line
amazon_recommends(<Category>,<Number of Posts>)in your template. Or putting the line
[amazon cat=<Category>&last=<Number of Posts>]within a post or page. Where ‘Category’ is a list of category ids to search within (e.g. as expected by the ‘cat’ argument of query_posts function. The ‘last’ parameter is the number of posts to search through.
Latest Version – 3.2.5
- Update – Update the Default Templates to use the new Amazon Widget URLS
- Feature – ‘Count’ keyword for multi ASIN links
- Feature – ‘alt’ option to return ‘AlternateVersions’ of an Item
- Feature – Allow User names as well as IDs in the ‘Author’ Channel Filter
- Feature – Add support for links to an book’s author’s Biography %BURL% and %BLINK_OPEN%
- Feature – Update Amazon Link Images Extra to use image modifiers (e.g. SL800 More) not just size (e.g. 800)
- Feature – Add filters to change the country map, locales available to allow removal of support for specific locales.
- Bug Fix – Validate AWS Keys in all locales.
- Bug Fix – Tidy up ip2nation installer, in support of MaxMind alternate
- Policy – Plugin Extras linked to Developer Support Option