Page no: P65
Page no: Plug65
WordPress plugin directory: Google Doc Embedder
Author’s plugin page: Google Doc Embedder page
We use it for ebedding google documents.
See more for
Google Doc Embedder lets you embed several types of files into your WordPress pages using the free Google Docs Viewer – allowing inline viewing (and optional downloading) of a wide range of popular file types, with no Flash or PDF browser plug-ins required.
NOTE: Recent changes by Google to their viewer mean that some other plugins may be more suitable in some cases:
- If you are able to store your files in Google Drive, try the Google Drive Embedder plugin. This will be faster to display, and more reliable.
- To make it difficult for users to download the full PDF (the old ‘enhanced mode’), please find out more about our new plugin – PDF Embedder Secure.
- Mobile-friendly functionality for viewing PDFs is available in PDF Embedder Premium.
If this plugin works as you require then we will continue to support it assuming Google still provides the underlying Doc Viewer in its current form!
More about Google Doc Embedder
Similar to services like Scribd, Google Doc Embedder will allow you to embed these files directly into your page or post, not requiring the user to have Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, PowerPoint, or other software installed to view the contents. Unlike Scribd, the files do not need to be uploaded to any service first – including Google Docs – but can exist anywhere publicly accessible on your site or the internet.
Supported file formats include:
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Microsoft Word (DOC/DOCX*)
- Microsoft PowerPoint (PPT/PPTX*)
- Microsoft Excel (XLS/XLSX*)
- TIFF Images (TIF, TIFF)
- Apple Pages (PAGES)
- Adobe Illustrator (AI)
- Adobe Photoshop (PSD)
- Autodesk AutoCad (DXF)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- PostScript (EPS/PS)
- OpenType/TrueType Fonts (OTF, TTF)
- XML Paper Specification (XPS)
- Archive Files (ZIP/RAR)
Office XML (2007+) file formats are sometimes problematic with Google Viewer. Please test your documents, and when possible I recommend you use the Office 2003 equivalent formats instead.
Note: Use of this plug-in implies your agreement with Google’s published Terms of Service.
Translations are welcome; see the web site for details.
- English (en_US), built-in
- Czech (cs_CZ) by Jirka, thanks!
- Dutch (nl_NL) by Niko Strijbol, thanks!
- French (fr_FR) by Erwan, thanks!
- Hungarian (hu_HU) by szemcse, thanks!
- Italian (it_IT) by Marco, thanks!
- Russian (ru_RU) by Józek, thanks!
- Spanish (es_ES) by elarequi, thanks!
- Turkish (tr_TR) by LettoBlog, thanks!
- Ukrainian (uk) by Józek, thanks!