Page no: P07c
Page No: P07c
This is a rather a design page, but it describe the functionality
The Pictured Categories Pro provides the following functionalities in addition to the pictured categories Free version
- We allow to connect an author to a category.
There are three other functionalities in the pictured category area:
- Make the home page or better all pages, “widgetable” and a page builder.
- Pictured Category Widget
- Pictured Category Menu
1. User Settings
With these plugins one can set an author avatar, an image of the author inside the user settings. This avatar is then shown on posts and pages. The Pictured Category by PromoteAuthor plugin shows it additionally on the archives.
2. General Archive Settings
Show Author Bio: Pro Version
Show Bio Text: Pro Version
Show Cat Pic: Light Version
Show Cat Description: Pro Version
The author archives permit to choose if the author’s bio and the author’s avatar are shown on the archives.
Show Author Bio: Light Version
Show Bio text: Pro Version
Show Author Avatar: Pro Version
These settings trigger if a so-called “category picture” is shown.
If an author is attached to a category, then one may show the bio of the author on this category (only pro version).
The category picture and the link to the author are set in the category settings. Category settings may override the general archive settings.
3. Category Settings
Category picture in categories back-end:
The WP admin can access the settings via edit post category and quick edit post category.
- Show category pictures yes/no Light Version
- upload the picture Light Version
- Cat Pic used in the archives? Light Version
- Link category to author (user) Pro Version
– We can add this in Light version, because of that we will encourage the users to use our Follow Author Plugin
- Define margins Pro version
- Once the picture is set, show the picture on the archives Light Version
- Same as Yoast SEO does, we need a section called “PromoteAuthor Settings” that contains our new parameters. Light Version
Possible values for Archive Settings:
This is only Pro Version.
Option 0: The light version shows only the category picture and no bio.
- Option1 (Pro version): Show category picture as logo: This shows the picture inside the header. The picture is reduced to thumbnail size, if its size was bigger.
- Option2: (pro version) Show category picture and name as logo: This shows the picture and the name of the category inside the header. The picture is potentially reduced to thumbnail size.
- Option3 (pro version) : Show category picture above bio: This displays the category picture in its full size and below it the bio of the linked author.
- Option4 (pro version): Show author avatar and category picture above bio: This option display category picture and bio, as above. Additionally the author avatar is shown inside the header.
3. Pro Functionalites Pictured Category Widget
Some options of the pictured category widget are pro functionalites.
Full details which are Pro and which are Light see in the page on Pictured Category Widget
It looks fine. It is possible to be done.
|1. Category and author options|
|2. PromoteAuthor settings|
|3. Show category picture as logo|
|4. Show category picture and name as logo|
|5. Show category picture above bio|
|6. Show author avatar and category picture above bio|
|7. Widgets settings|
|8. Widget in hompage|
|9. Sidebar widget settings|
|10. Widget in sidebar|