Page no: P59
Page no: Plug59
WordPress plugin directory: Flexible Posts Widget
We use it for showing our posts into sidebar.
See more for
The default Recent Posts widget is exceptionally basic. I always find myself in need of a way to easily display a selection of posts from any combination post type or taxonomy. Hence, Flexible Posts Widget.
Flexible Posts Widget (FPW) is more than just a simple alternative to the default Recent Posts widget. With many per-instance options it is highly customizable and allows advanced users to display the resulting posts virtually any way imaginable.
Features & options
- Customizable widget title
- Get posts by post type(s) and/or taxonomy & term(s) or directly by a list of post IDs.
- Control the number of posts displayed and the number of posts to offset.
- Option to display the post feature image.
- Select the post feature image size to display from existing image sizes: thumbnail, medium, large, post-thumbnail or any size defined by the current theme.
- Order posts by: date, modified date, ID, title, menu order, random, Post ID Order; and sort posts: ascending or descending.
- Each widget’s output can be customized by user-defined templates added to the current theme folder.
- Multi Language support. Compatible with WPML and PolyLang for sure. Not tested with other multi-language plugins, but it should work.