Page no: S20
Page No: S20
In May 2015 we moved snbchf.com to a new server.
SNBCHF move to new server
- new account under reseller for snbchf.com with an IP in a different C-net
- take new backup of SNBCHF
- upload the new backup of SNBCHF to new server via FTP
- Via backup buddy install the server and snbchf DB (not Plesk and single file upload!)
- disconnect old site from Jetpack
- We will test everything if it is okey
Remark: before we change DNS !!! –> LESSONS LEARNED
If we do not wait with step 7, then some places in the world may get the new IP too early. For them the server is down.Question: How can we test on the new server without new DNS?
Is there an internal IP? Like https://v120130428178900.yourvserver.net on Netcup?
- Change A-Record DNS entry on Hostgator to new server IP
- Whitelist the new IP in MaxCDN.
Swissmacro.ch move to new server
- new account under reseller for swissmacro website
- create new backup of SNBCHF
- upload the new backup of SNBCHF via FTP
- We will create new db user & db for the site
- Using backup buddy install the site
Remark: Plesk and single file upload are too slow!
- stop all plugins like jetpack, mailpoet and etc until we are ready.
- Restrict the access to this site until we go live with a password block plugin
- Create DNS entries and change the domain
- Whitelist the new IP in MaxCDN.
- One day: Go-Live!
Using backup buddy or SSH upload
With the managed server at Netcup, we do not have full access, therefore we do not have all tools for a DB upload like SSH.
Backup Buddy needs
The problem with manual upload is that you have many files and we don’t have ssh access to the server.
Phpmyadmin is not created for big dbs and this can cause us problem when we import big sql files.
Backupbuddy have a script for uploading big dbs and this is advantage for backup buddy.
- create a new account under reseller for test site of snbchf
- Same as under snbchf.com
DOC for our sites
1) We will create new account for doc.snbchf.com
This is http://wordpress-pro.com/blog/
Old IP snbchf.com: 188.8.131.52 (Netcup)
Netcup neww IP snbchf.com: 184.108.40.206 (Netcup, different C-net)
Hetzner, new IP snbchf.com : 220.127.116.11
Address of Swissmacro and the other feed sites: 18.104.22.168 (Netcup, different C-net)
Hetzner, new IP swissmacro and economicblogs: 22.214.171.124
Plesk & PHP ini
All needed information is here.
with the move to Hetzner and E-llusion server support we moved to Vesta CP.
The following tasks need to be documented in more details
|New server||Niki||Redirect swissnat to snbchf||Orga||Med||OPEN|
|D075.0504||05/04||New server||Niki||Choose which ip for which site and run test.snbchf.com||Orga||Med||DONE|
|D075.0429||04/29||New server||Niki||Install the new template for swissmacro.ch and setup it.||The new template is setuped and installed||Swissmacro||Med||DONE|
|D075.0429||04/29||New server||Niki||Install swissmacro.ch and setup||The site is installed. All plugins default and||Swissmacro||Med||DONE|
|D075.0427||04/27||New server||Niki||add swissmacro and test.swissmacro to new server||All users (inc. snbchf and doc) are created. Test swissmacro, swissmacro and docs backups are uploaded.||Orga||High||DONE|
|D075.0425||04/25||New server||Niki||Investigate Plesk||Plesk setup investigated.||Orga||High||DONE|
|D075||05/15||New server||Niki||Change the server of all sites.||Orga||High||DONE|
Subpages of this page
See more for